Have you ever dreamed of bowling a 300 game? Well, I’m not giving bowling tips, but I am giving tips on how to achieve a perfect game when dealing with prospects. Today I’m writing on how to turn prospects into customers and retain them for future marketing opportunities. While your marketing is doing its job, you need to be working on turning those prospects into customers. There are a few key ways to draw them in and seal the deal.
You (and your marketing) need to be:
- Enjoyable to do business with
The biggest fear of most new customers is the dreaded “buyer’s remorse”. You want to avoid this at all costs and it should be mitigated if you’ve provided a quality product/service that delivers on the marketing claims you’ve made.
However, this can still occur. There are two ways to deal with this:
- Offer to refund money–no questions asked
- Offer a bonus they can keep even if they return the product
These offers alone will mitigate buyer’s remorse because the customer will trust you more, just for offering these things.
There are number of other ways to turn a prospect into a customer:
- Offer a special price as an opportunity for you to test the market.
- Offer a lower price with the reason of pushing inventory to pay a tax bill, for your kid’s braces, or another tangible reason. Customers love that this makes you seem so much more human and relatable.
- Offer a referral incentive.
- Offer a smaller, more inexpensive product first, to build trust.
- Offer package deals.
- Offer to charge less for their first purchase if they become a repeat customer.
- Offer extra incentives, e.g.:longer warranties, free bonuses if ordered by a particular date.
- Offer financing options, if applicable.
- Offer a bonus if they pay in full.
- Offer special packaging or delivery.
- Offer “name your own price” incentives.
- Offer comparative data or other comparison tools.
- Offer a trade-up or upgrade to something they already have.
- Offer additional, educational information to help them make the decision.
The options really are as limitless as you make it. You can use these or other ideas to find what works best for your business, products/service and target market.
“By making it inviting, easy, informative, non-threatening, educational, inspiring and fun to do business with you, you’ll loft your company above the competition.” Jay Abraham
Need help with figuring out the best strategy for converting prospects into customers? Our FREE test drive gives you exclusive access to the mountain of resources and tools, along with information from some of the greatest marketing minds on Earth.
To Your Success!